Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

life detox and pretty natural makeup



Today I'm having tea, reading, cleaning and getting some chores done. I find that I need a day or so "peopleless", so that I can recoup and rejoin the world and actually be productive. I made a stop at a discount store as something told me to go in and sniff about and I found natural eyeshadows for very cheap! And it even comes in biodegradable cardboard packaging which is awesome! It's a bigger brand, Almay- Pure Blends, but they did a decent job in actually having natural ingredients, good quality (looks really nice and shimmery on... I got Cocoa, Apricot and Sage, very warm) and actual thought went into packaging which is the part that usually frustrates me the most. Think of all the mascaras and plasticy lipstick bits that get tossed away... To see this change in a bigger brand was nice. I also got a pumice stone to replace the plastic one I use on my tootsies when it's done.

I'm extremely girly girl when it comes to skincare. I need the energy of stones and flowers to keep my floral spirit lovely! That's one of the reasons I love aromatherapy so much. It's powerful floral and plant essences that act like medicine for your whole self- body, mind and spirit. Scents really affect me. Synthetic scents have made me physically ill before, in a headache and clutching my stomach kind of way.

I find that in detoxing my body, my life follows. I want to refresh my knowledge of herbalism and learn more. I see some classes every now and then around here, I'm going to look into it again. Plant medicine makes me very happy.

Neat links:

Life Without Plastic

Shea Butter & lavender cream in a biodegradable jar!

Love & leaves,

Shannon


P.S. -

Speaking of detoxing I found this:

Why they really add Fluoride to the water - it calcifies your pineal gland (aka the third eye chakra). Who wants a crusty third eye? How to detox.

1 comment:

Lorianne Mariais said...

We're linked lol - I've been planning my next post on natural makeup also. I've been buying from this shop and have been waiting for some lip colour samples to arrive in the mail:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PureMineralsSource

Threw away my petrolleum jelly lip balm (I can't live without lip balm..) and got a natural one that smells like chocolate.

I haven't investigated perfume much yet, there's http://illuminatedperfume.com - but I've yet to order samples to see which I love most..

The generic stuff gives me really nasty headaches..

And mascara, I've yet to find one that's all natural, I'm quite hooked on the waterproof stuff..

And yes! The pineal gland, the seat of the soul as they call it. Our greatest link to reality and our true power, you don't see the pinecone being worshipped from Egypt, to Rome even to this day for nothing..

(In the vatican, for realz - http://indianinthemachine.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/pineconecourt.jpg)