Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

relaxing, clearing, and rose petals


My mini vacation was exactly what I needed. I spent most of the time swimming, sunning and trying out massage freebies at the convention. I still have bruises from a deep tissue treatment to my shoulder/pecs where the guy used his feet to get deep pressure and had me do range of motion with my arms. Even though it looks like I've been the victim of abuse, my upper shoulders do feel less tense. I laid on a 'biomat' made of amethyst and felt totally stoned for the rest of the day. I guess theres a reason they cost upward of a thousand dollars! I couldn't imagine using that on a daily basis and being able to function in the real world. Maybe before bed...

I got a nice sized sample of a headache/digestion blend from Earth Angel Oils which I used in the bath last night. It's a blend of lavender, peppermint, pine and geranium and was very relaxing. Good quality oils and you can tell they are made with love.

I visited my friend Bashar for a day and he took me to the middle eastern grocery where we got labna and zaatar - a lebanese kifir that you put on pita or toast and an herbal blend that's made with oregano, thyme, sesame seeds and sumac that you sprinkle on top. It tastes amazing and he's amused that I'm so obsessed with it! I also got lebanese rosewater packaged in glass (like it's supposed to be) which smells heavenly. Last night I blended it into a facial with powdered rose petals and corn meal and my skin feels soft and refreshed. It needed something after the harshness of swimming all day in chlorinated water. My hair is still in recovery.

Today is ground, center and get caught up day. This upcoming week is going to bring changes. Clearing my mind, heart and space in order to make a place for the best manifestations possible.

2 comments:

myownlittleuniverse said...

wow, that all sounds amazing!!! i love hearing about your adventures...and i love this path you are on.

Shannon Lyn said...

Thanks Katie! You've been having some pretty awesome adventures yourself I see!