Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monoi De Tahiti and healing my hair


I have been rather obsessed with healing my poor hair lately, whom I have put through such terrible experiments that I feel quite bad about it all. I have dyed it back as closest to my original color as I could, which was a 3 step process that I had to meticulously research as my hair has been bleached and fried by a salon last summer when I was a model for them (awful experience, I won't go into the details... I should have walked out and them frying my hair was a lesson learned - big time!) Well it's pretty close to my natural color now, a med-dark golden blonde and I am so relieved, however, I have been doing deep conditioning treatments with coconut oil and rosemary for the past two weeks and it has made all the difference! Honestly, I can't believe it's done so much for my ends which I thought were beyond repair. Coconut oil is my hair holy grail! I promised my hair that I would only treat it well from now on and bless it with essential oils and lovely things only. My natural color is amazing actually... what was I thinking otherwise??


Well I was doing a bit of research on something called Argan oil and stumbled upon something else entirely, called Monoi De Tahiti - a Tahitian oil that consists of gardenia flowers soaked in coconut oil. Tahitian ladies use it on their skin and hair and apparently it smells amazing. My intuition practically yelled at me - GET IT NOW! So I placed an order, though I had never heard of it or smelled it before. Upon more research, ancient Tahitians use this oil in birth and death ceremonies and it's considered magical and sacred. I'm waiting on it in the post but I'm betting this stuff is amazing because just thinking about it is making my solar plexus all fluttery! I'm getting the feeling that yes, this oil will help my hair heal even more but there's something else to it. I once had a powerful experience with a blooming gardenia bush on a full moon. The smell was intoxicating, I felt like I was in a cloud of love and the gardenia bush told me to take one and wear it because "it would help me to heal my heart". I'm making realizations as I write this, no wonder I felt so drawn to Monoi De Tahiti!
I'm having some crazy powerful dreams lately, and I'm getting messages from a totem animal again, daily- in dreams and in waking life. I'll write more about that later. It's a story that's still being weaved and I'm trying to make sense of it all. I'm being brought back into this powerful current of awareness and magic. I truly feel like I'm dancing on a tightrope of worlds right now! It's a good feeling though, like veils are being lifted and balance is being restored inside of me once again.

4 comments:

Lorianne Mariais said...

Oh I feel the same way! It had to do with unicorns, I read this message from unicorns (after trying to find a clue about "legend children") and since then I feel like I'm 'back'. Like I'm finally linked once again to that comforting current of magic I felt disconnected from. Magical things and dreams happening again, like coming home!

I'm so glad coconut oil is working for you, I use it for everything! It's a holy grail :) I have to look into this oil, sounds magical indeed :)

Wusel's... said...

You like silent films?
Do you know Pola Negri?
I'm painting her.
http://joeparthur.blogspot.com/2010/08/do-you-know-pola-negri.html

I would be very pleased if you like to follow my blog.
Please stay tuned for the finished painting.
:-)))

Shannon Lyn said...

Lorianne, speaking of unicorns, I just downloaded The Last Unicorn and watched it the other day, lol! The cartoon movie is ok- pretty silly, but the book has always been one of my favorites. Have you read it? I know you would like it. I think the thing that really hit home with me is when the unicorn has to be transformed into a human woman for a time in order not to be killed and she almost forgets that she is really a unicorn and her purpose was to save the others as she was the last. The book has so much symbolism, i love it. Did you get a message in a dream? What did they say?

I will give the update on the Manoi oil!

Shannon Lyn said...

Hi Joe, yes I love Pola Negri. Thanks for inviting me to your blog!